10 Years of Instagram [Infographic]
It has officially been a decade since Instagram was launched! Founded by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, the social media giant has unsurprisingly risen in popularity since its launch. To celebrate the 10 years of Instagram, we’ve created an infographic that showcases the platform’s milestones, new features, and facts that show how versatile the app and its users are.
10 Years of Instagram: A Visual Journey
- Instagram debuted on October 6, 2010.
- Instagram was initially called ‘Codename’.
- The first photo ever posted was by the co-founder, @kevin.
- Facebook bought Instagram at $1 billion in 2012.
- Instagram implemented Instagram Stories and Live Video in 2016.
- New York City was the most Instagrammed city of 2017.
- IGTV was introduced in 2018.
- Instagram is the second most engaged network, just behind Facebook.
- As of October 5, 2020, the most-liked photo on Instagram is a picture of an egg.
- Instagram turns 10 on October 6, 2020!