Video Marketing Stats in the Middle East 2016 [Infographic]
Saudi Arabia and the UAE lead regionally and globally with 50% and 40% respectively (views from mobile devices). According to Ipso's 2014 Report, YouTube is the 3rd most-used app among UAE smartphone users.
The MENA region is the world's No.2 in terms of video views at 310 million views/day in Saudi Arabia, the average internet user watched 3X more than the average user in the US.
- 75% of online video viewers have interacted with an online video ad this month.
- 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision process.
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others.
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites are least once a week.
- 1/3 of all online activity is spent watching videos.
- 80% of users recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days.
- 36% of online consumers trust video ads.
- The average user is exposed to an average of 32.3 videos in a month.
Digital Video AD Spend
- 2011 – $2.00 Billion
- 2012 – $2.93 Billion
- 2013 – $4.14 Billion
- 2014 – $5.75 Billion
- 2015 – $6.99 Billion
- 2016 – $8.04 Billion *Projected
70% of B2B marketers use a form of online videos with their overall strategies.
The science behind it
- The human VOICE conveys emotion.
- The brain is hard-wired to trust the human FACE.
- MOVEMENT captures & keeps people’s attention.
Two hours of YouTube videos are uploaded in the MENA region per minute.
Top 10 YouTube Channels in UAE
- Videos: 68,646
- Total views: 591,650,900
- Videos: 33,944
- Total views: 566,421,770
Star Academy Arabia
- Videos: 4,219
- Total views: 482,607,950
Hussain Al Jassmi
- Videos: 178
- Total views: 447,331,618
- Videos: 577
- Total views: 170.799.459
- Videos: 1,736
- Total views: 152,900,782
- Videos: 32,951
- Total views: 137,826,835
- Videos: 47
- Total views: 98.089.444
The du Channel
- Videos: 1,022
- Total views: 73,446,472
- Videos: 34
- Total views: 66,218,015