Grafdom Reveals 2017’s Top Social Media Trends
Social media is one of the fastest-changing industries, with a population of over 2.5 billion active users worldwide and growing at a rate of 9% annually.
According to social media marketers – brands are investing greater resources in reaching customers where they are – mobile and social. Mobile ad spending is projected to hit $134 billion this year. Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Messenger, Line & Viber continue to dominate the social scene deemed as the 6 fastest growing social apps. Approximately $46 billion will be spent on social media advertising in 2017 alone.
What are the game-changing social media trends this year? Here are the 5 trends set to dominate 2017:
1. AI Lenses & Instagram
The growth of Instagram stories means a major social media trend could be AI lenses across all networks – not just on Facebook and Instagram.
2. Customer service chat-bots
The rise in social media customer service means more businesses will look to automate simple requests from customers.
3. Paid Content continues to reign
Social media algorithms make it harder for brands to get ads in from users. Focusing on quality and good content still holds merit, but paid still continues to flourish.
A projected $46 billion will be spent on social media advertising in 2017
- Search 76%
- Social Ads 74%
- Prompted Posts 76%
4. More visual and interactive content
B2C companies are known for their blatant use of highly engaging and curated images in their content and social media strategy. But in 2017, it seems like B2B companies are planning to do the same by producing equally engaging and interactive content.
- 84% ($5.24 billion) of Facebook advertising revenue for Q2 2016 was from mobile ads.
5. Social shopping & Instant Purchases
Social commerce isn't slowing down and more networks are providing brands with easier ways to sell to customers.
- Did you know that 75% have made a purchase because they saw it on social media.
- $750,000 Is the approximate cost for custom Snapchat filters for a peak 24-hour period.
- Snapchat possibly going public as early as March 2017.
- There were more than 150 million daily Snapchat users in 2016.
With more innovative types of content and ways to distribute them, social media will only get bigger this year and the years to come.