How to Design a Brand Logo for a Website
A logo is the visual identity or face of your brand that determines how customers perceive your business. Generally, it's the first impression that a person gets of your company. Your brand barely has less than a minute to make the right first impression.
How do you design an outstanding brand logo for a website? For starters, you don't necessarily have to be an expert designer or cough up tons of money to get the best logo for your brand and website. There are several logo generating tools that can help you create the best logo for your brand. Below we are going to look at how to design a brand logo for a website:
Using an online logo maker
There are several online logo making tools you can use to generate a brand logo for your website, and these include Logomakr, Logo Garden, Designmantic, Logo Maker, among others. The process of designing a logo using these tools is quite simple as outlined below:
- Entering the name of your brand, business or organization and providing a brief description about what your company does
- Describing your business so that these tools can generate a logo that perfectly matches your brand
- Customizing your logo until it matches your brand persona
Canva provides users with ready-to-use templates, and all you have to do is select the elements that you want present in your logo and by using your own uploaded images. To use Canva to design your logo, follow the process below:
- First of all, you need to have signed an account with Canva, if you have already signed up for Canva, great! Go to the ‘marketing materials' section and under ‘create a design' area, click on ‘logo'.
- Choose a layout that pleases you and customize it to match your preferences using various features available. You can customize text color, font, size, spacing, background and more. Alternatively, you can also find specific elements such as images, shapes, icons, illustrations, charts, free stock images and so on, that you would like to include in your logo.
- When you are done, save your logo and click download. You'll be able to select the file format you want to save your logos in, such as PNG, JPG or PDF. The recommended file format is PNG to ensure your logo looks excellent whether printed or on a screen.
Tips for designing a brand logo for your website
Besides understanding why a logo is essential for your brand or choosing the right design style—remember no one style fits all, you also need to pay attention to elements such as color, typography and so on. Below, we've highlighted aspects you need to consider as you design your logo.
Using the right colors conveys the essence of your brand. Colors are capable of communicating the tone of your brand whether it's bold and bright or refined and traditional.
The Right Pixel Matters
When it comes to choosing a file format for your logo, PNG is always the best choice for web use. This is because PNG offers higher quality images compared to other file formats and allows users to utilize a transparent background—meaning you can use your logo on top of a variety colored backgrounds without having to deal with any weird color clashes.
When it comes to typography, you want to go for something that complements your logo. The good thing is you have several options to choose from including serif fonts, sans serif fonts, display fonts, or script fonts. You can try combining a variety of fonts to give your logo design that extra flair.
A logo is a fundamental aspect for your brand, and the sooner you create one for your website, the sooner people will engage with your brand more.